Update on our Greenhouse Gas Pledge: What We’ve Done So Far
April 19, 2011
As we celebrate Earth Week, we want to update you on a commitment we made to be greener. You may remember last year we officially pledged a three percent reduction in our United States greenhouse gas emissions by 2014. We’ve been working since then to improve efficiency and conserve energy and fossil fuels, including the following projects:
- Adjusted temperature set points in many of our stores to reduce air conditioning use.
- Installed more efficient lighting fixtures in five of our Columbus-based distribution centers.
- Modified approximately 900 stores with more efficient lighting fixtures and lamps.
- Through our store returns white bucket program, we recycled approximately 82 tons of ethyl alcohol products.
- Planted more than 450 new trees on our two Columbus, OH campuses.
- Received a GreenSpot Award from the Columbus GreenSpot program, recognizing our accomplishments around recycling, reuse and energy conservation.
- Recycled or reused more than 86 percent of all materials at our six Columbus home offices and distribution centers.
Check back soon for a recap of all Earth Week activities at Limited Brands!